Review request: KDE 4.11 showstopper: KMix lockup for 20 seconds, and a concept for fixing it (reviewboard)

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Jul 23 21:47:38 BST 2013

Am 23.07.2013 16:56, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> FWIW, current kmix in master works so much better than what is in the KDE/4.11
> branch it is not even funny. Great work on getting it to this point .. and I
> fully support Herald’s request (though it is obviously not up to me to grant
> any exceptions here)
>
> It is far too trivial to have the KMix UI freeze or stutter (up-and-down,up-
> and-down...) though the version in master appears to have addressed all these
> issues and it is super smooth for me now on a machine on which I could trigger
> these issues practically at will.

Aaron, thanks for letting me know. I am glad to hear that the fixes
actually work. I am seldom able to reproduce it on my machine, so I
never know how good (or bad :) my changes actually are. I am basically
experimenting, but I start to understand Qt and DBUS a bit better now
(still a long way to go). I will go more dbus-monitor-ing now.

Christian