Review request: KDE 4.11 showstopper: KMix lockup for 20 seconds, and a concept for fixing it (reviewboard)

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Jul 23 21:05:57 BST 2013

Am 23.07.2013 20:37, schrieb Harald Sitter:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> If it is so much better, well yes then, let's get it in, no point in shipping
>> something we know is broken.
> KDE/4.11 has been fast forwarded to master. Thanks everyone.

Harald, can you do it once again please?
I have this evening (= now) done some plug/unplug load testing, and
found an ugly race condition for unplugging. Signals still rush in when
I am tearing down the control asynchronously, which can lead to crashes
(also in kmixd => kded). If this isn't bad enough, on crashes during
communication lockups could theoretically also follow.

http://commits.kde.org/kmix/aea1959b1a911fb458ac7b6299d9ab1fb507517d

Hopefully that was the last change. I have done lots of play, pause,
volume change, plug, unplug, quick replugs (manually and automated) and
it seems to work fine now. I really had not anticipated the complexity
and trouble it caused when adding MPRIS2 support.

Thanks to everybody involved.

   Christian