Contribute in kde-multimedia during SoK

Shubham Chaudhary shubhamchaudhary92 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 18:01:23 BST 2013

Hi Everyone,
I applied for KMix2 Sound Menu in this year's GSoC. I'd love to work
with some project under kde-multimedia now in SoK.
I want to know that is there some task in Juk or DragonPlayer which I
can do as a part of SoK project.
I also have another idea of my own. I want to build a library for
MPRIS interface that can be used by various applications to
communicate with media players more evenly and efficiently. For
example let's say you're writing a mail in thunderbird and you press
Ctrl-N or some other shortcut and next song will be started in
whichever media player is playing and then if you're working in kate,
as soon as a new song is played its name will be shown in the
statusbar. A rough example for this libqmpris2 is linked below.
I think this library will be useful. I'm open to suggestions and I'd
love to hear your opinion about this.

*  https://github.com/ishubhamch/qmpris/tree/master/libMpris
*  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/chaudhary/1

--