Can Phonon create "fingerprint" of audio files?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Apr 25 10:09:34 BST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM, vedant agarwala <vedant.kota at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is splitting up of music files (like cue-sheeted audio files, audiobook MP4
> files) into smaller ones (with the same format) possible by Phonon (or by
> any other service)? I want to add this feature to Amarok.

That is not a Phonon feature, and you totally miss the point of the
task: the support for Cue sheets and chapters in audio files doesn't
mean you should split them up in smaller files. You are supposed to
read the chapter markers and the CUE sheet and make them usable as is,
not modify the files.

Regards, Myriam

PS. I strongly suggest you read up in wikipedia about CUE sheets and
chapters in audio files in general before even digging further into
silly ideas like modifying the files.

http://www.fsfe.org