Inclusion of nepomuk-dependent kios

Luis Silva lacsilva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:20:53 BST 2013

Dear all,

My name is Luis and I have been working on a couple of kios and corresponding
thumbnailers that expose information collected by nepomuk and the newer
nepomuk-webminer on video files.
I would like to get these kios into kde-multimedia or into extragear and I
would like to hear people's opinion.

The movies kio exposes the movies:/ protocol that displays all the nmm:Movie's
known to nepomuk, whether on a local or external disk, and depicts them with
the poster of the movie as obtained by either bangarang or the nepomuk
webminer.

The tv-shows kio is a fork of Sebastian Trueg's kio from which I took
maintainership. This kio exposes series as folders containing seasons which in
turn contain the episodes. Thumbnails are provided for the series and season.
Episodes will only have thumbnails if fetched by bangarang as the nepomuk
webminer does not fetch thumbnails for episodes.
Thumbnailers do not seem to honour X-KDE-Protocol.

At the moment these kios are stored in kde:scratch/luissilva/nepomuk-kio-
slaves/movies and kde:scratch/luissilva/nepomuk-kio-slaves/tv-shows Please
consider only these kios and their thumbnailers if you want to take a look.
The remaining kios in that repo are not yet stable.

I would ask that people give these kios a try and point out
problems/solutions. In the future I would like to see these kios in either
kde-multimedia or extragear and eventually have them as default places in
dolphin.

Thanks a lot,
--
Luis Silva