GSoC Idea

Trever Fischer tdfischer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 12 17:29:02 GMT 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 19:05 +0200, Νίκος Βερβελάκης wrote:
> Hello List.
> I'm interested to participate in GSoC and i have a new idea.
> I'm interested writing a tool with features like encoding,
> transcoding, streaming, like VLC with a user friendly interface.
> Is anybody interested in this project?

There is currenly a project to incorporate encoding into Phonon.

However, that shouldn't stop you from coming up with a neat transcoding
app that uses libvlc, gstreamer, or whatnot. Something like that would
be much appreciated.

Feel free to drop in #kde-multimedia on freenode IRC and ping me
(tdfischer) if you have any questions.