KDE Multimedia SVN cleanup

Richard Lärkäng larkang.ml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:25:31 GMT 2012

Hi!

2012/2/23 Trever Fischer <tdfischer at fedoraproject.org>

> There's a couple of SVN modules under kdemultimedia/ that are looking a
> little
> bit crusty. Does anyone know the status of these projects? i.e. who
> maintains
> them, what software uses them, what their general purpose is, etc:
>
> * libkcddb - Last commit was a crash fix from 6 months ago
>
> I'm asking because I'm converting these from SVN to git as part of our
> long-
> overdue svn2git move in kdemm. It would be nice to know if these are worth
> officially deprecating.

I have previously been maintaining libkcddb, but I haven't been very active
in maintaining
in the last couple of years, although I try to keep an eye on problems
arising with it.
However, libkcddb is used by a couple of applications, what I can find at
the moment:
kio_audiocd, k3b, soundkonverter and Tellico. And as far as I'm aware,
there are
no serious problems with it at the moment, so I wouldn't say its worth
officially
deprecating it yet.

(Which also reminds me, that I should commit an update using the new
musicbrainz
api for it, fixing some problems with records with multiple discs)

/Richard Lärkäng