RELEASE: gstreamer core & plugins -base/-good/-bad/-ugly/-libav 0.11.93
t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 16:58:09 BST 2012
This mail announces the release of gstreamer core and gst-plugins-base
0.11.93 and gst-plugins-good/bad/ugly and gst-libav 0.11.93 modules of
our API unstable 0.11.x development series leading to GStreamer 1.0.
These releases are intended for developers wanting to port their plugins
and applications to the new series, and users who want to help test the
bleeding edge of GStreamer development and ported applications.
This release is not API or ABI compatible with previous 0.11.x releases
or with the 0.10.x series.
It can be installed in parallel with the 0.10.x series and will not
affect an existing 0.10.x installation.
There have been a number of smaller API changes since the last release,
mostly in low-level API and plugin API, but there are also some changes
that may affect applications. These should be fairly minor though. See
below for the most noteworthy changes.
We will continue to fine-tune the API as required before the 1.0
release, but expect only minor changes until then.
Release tarballs can be downloaded directly from:
Small selection of possibly noteworthy changes:
- added scope to taglists and TOCs (stream or global)
- countless gobject-introspection annotation fixes
- GstMiniObject: add qdata() (for object-private data)
- basesink now prerolls on GAP event
- versioned variants of environment variables
- major low-level GstMemory reworking
- allow mini objects to be LOCKABLE for
read/write/exclusive access, use this
- add segment-done event in addition to segment-done message
- make allocation query more extendable
- send STREAM_START events and STREAM_START message
- remove gst_tag_list_get_buffer(), add gst_tag_list_get_sample()
and move tags of GST_TYPE_BUFFER to GST_TYPE_SAMPLE, esp.
GST_TAG_IMAGE and GST_TAG_PREVIEW_IMAGE, also GST_TAG_ATTACHMENT
- GstDateTime: add support for partial date times where not
all fields are set
- move DATE tag from GDate to GstDateTime (for partial dates)
- major TOC API reworking, make TOC events sticky
- audio/video base class fixes and some minor API changes
(e.g. frame refcounting; negotiation; propose_allocation)
- port GstVideoOverlayComposition to 0.11, add GstMeta for it
- fixes everywhere, esp. playback-related (demuxers, decoders, parsers)
There are still a number of playback-related bugs that we're aware of
that and that we're working on fixing (e.g. audio/subtitle stream
switching; external subtitles).
More information about the kde-multimedia