KMix trunk backported to KDE4.8 branch / SVN Checksum mismatch

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 25 23:18:31 BST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Christian Esken (KDE) at 24/04/12 00:15 did gyre and
gimble:
> Hello,
>
> I have today backported KMix trunk to KDE4.8 because of a quite
> disturbing bug [2] that required an enormous amount of work to fix.
> Colin prepared a patch that I just applied.
>
> Everything went well except for ControlPool.cpp and ControlPool.h. They
> got SVN conflicts I never had heared before:
>
> Some of selected resources were not committed.
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Checksum mismatch for
> '/home/chris/src/workspace-kmix/kdemultimedia-4.8/kmix/core/ControlPool.cpp';
> expected: '93979c963cf22b7c0593a43d4c3e77d1', actual:
> '536bbc274206519c4e6dc6b1f088821f'
>
> Thus KMix in KDE4.8 branch MIGHT NOT COMPILE TODAY!!!
>
> Checking out the files again and replacing them lead to the same result.
>
> Thats bad, as KDE4.8.3 is going to get tagged in two days. So I am  in
> quite a hurry and will be very happy if someone knows what is going on
> here. I already read that one might try to hack the checksums [1], and I
> will try so if there is no other solution.

Not sure about that error, but I checked it out and did a compile and it
seems to be OK to me.

I added the two patches I had queued up (one for the bugs you CC'ed me
on today).

Fingers crossed things are in good shape now :)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie