PulseAudio 1.0 and kdemultimedia 4.7.1

Colin Guthrie colin at guthr.ie
Fri Sep 30 15:35:09 BST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Harald Sitter at 30/09/11 15:00 did gyre and gimble:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to build kdemultimedia 4.7.1 with pulseaudio 1.0, and I am
>> getting this message:
>>
>>    Could NOT find PulseAudio:  Found version "#define
>> pa_get_headers_version() ("1.0")", but required is at least "0.9.12"
>> (found /usr/lib64/libpulse.so)
>>
>> Of course 1.0 is higher than 0.9.12.  Any idea what the problem might be?
>
> That is because kdelibs' findpulseaudio.cmake has a broken regex now
> thanks to pulse having dropped the micro version. On a related note
> the version check should prefer the dedicated defines for major,
> minor, and micro version macros and only fall back to this hideous
> pa_get_headers_version macro for compatibility.
>
> <3

FWIW, I might try and add back in the three point version. I think it's
causing us issues elsewhere too in places we can't fix.... when I chuck
out a bugfix, I'll likey put in 1.1.0 (or 2.0.0 or whatever) in these
functions.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie