PulseAudio 1.0 and kdemultimedia 4.7.1

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 15:00:46 BST 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build kdemultimedia 4.7.1 with pulseaudio 1.0, and I am
> getting this message:
>
>    Could NOT find PulseAudio:  Found version "#define
> pa_get_headers_version() ("1.0")", but required is at least "0.9.12"
> (found /usr/lib64/libpulse.so)
>
> Of course 1.0 is higher than 0.9.12.  Any idea what the problem might be?

That is because kdelibs' findpulseaudio.cmake has a broken regex now
thanks to pulse having dropped the micro version. On a related note
the version check should prefer the dedicated defines for major,
minor, and micro version macros and only fall back to this hideous
pa_get_headers_version macro for compatibility.

<3