Phonon: Recommended build configuration?

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Sep 3 00:54:42 BST 2011

Hi all,

I was just wondering what the current recommended way for KDE developers to
build Phonon. I understand that the Qt-provided Phonon is fairly ancient, but
compiling Qt without phonon support gives some deficiencies in QtWebKit.

So, is the "best" idea to:

1. Build Qt with -phonon to allow for QtWebKit to support Phonon output, then
2. Build phonon/phonon from git.kde.org to override the Qt Phonon?

If so, how should it be ensured that KDE Phonon is actually overriding Qt's?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne