[GSoC idea] QML/QGraphicsScene Video Painting

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Mar 24 18:15:58 GMT 2011

On Thursday, 24 de March de 2011 18:51:20 Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> What do you mean by hardware-accelerated video decoding:

I mean "send some data to some hardware and get it in an OpenGL image or
layer". I'm not sure what the source data format is, but it's probably the
demultiplexed video stream.

Anything else is controlled via OpenGL, like scaling, transforming, adding
text and widgets on top, etc.

>  - video decoding stage (since, this is already doable with phonon)?
>  - video filtering ?
>  - video chroma+scaling?
>  - video output?
>  - all of the above?
>
> Best Regards,
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358