juk: new playlists show all columns (bug 243449)

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu Jun 2 01:23:05 BST 2011

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 07:42:21 Γιώργος Κυλάφας wrote:
> 2011/5/24 Michael Pyne <mpyne at kde.org>:
> > Well, if you notice in Playlist::showEvent, the SharedSettings::apply
> > call is only made if m_applySharedSettings is true, and that is
> > typically done from the Playlist constructors. We could instead default
> > the constructor to setting m_applySharedSettings to false and then
> > having slotInitialize run SharedSettings::apply itself. I'm not
> > super-sure of the other possible effects however, although I think it's
> > worth a shot.
>
> This seems to be working as well, but partly because the previous
> solution works, partly because I am uncertain about any side-effects
> and partly because of the brief appearance of all the columns before
> the selected ones are left, I prefer to apply solution a.

That's fine.

> Assuming it should be backported, should I do this against 4.6.4,
> which is scheduled to be tagged in just 2 days, or should I wait a bit
> for 4.6.5?

Assuming you haven't already backported it, I'd say wait for 4.6.5 (on that
note, there may not even be a 4.6.5, you'd want to check the 4.6 Release Plan
on TechBase to be sure). I usually commit backports up to the day before
tagging.

If you do backport to a 4.6.5 don't forget to bump the JuK version for that
branch as well. You can use WebSVN to view the main.cpp JuK version for 4.6.4
to see what the next version should be. And to answer a possible follow-up
question you might have: Only bump the JuK version between KDE releases if JuK
actually changed.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne