4.0 surround playback capabities

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Jul 2 11:40:13 BST 2011

Hi Joel,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 17:52, Joel Goodwin <goodj at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   I have a capture device streaming 4 channels of live nature surround audio
> Vorbis/Ogg at 128kbps to a streaming server.  I am trying to identify a
> Linux stream player that will support and play this 4 channel audio only
> stream.  I can get Windows Media Player to play the 4 channel Vorbis/Ogg
> stream.  Can Amarok playback 4.0 or 5.1 surround?  If so, what do I need to
> do to make it happen?

Amarok uses Phonon for the sound output, so this is more likely a
question you should address the kde-multimedia at kde.org mailing list,
as it depends not only on Phonon but also on the backend and wether or
not you use Pulseaudio.

I subscribed the above-mentioned mailing list to my reply so you don't
have to re-write something.

Please all: include Joel in Cc as he is most likely not subscribed to
either mailing list

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org