Is phonon-vlc is still not working properly?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Tue Dec 20 17:36:27 GMT 2011

I remember having issues a long time ago with phonon-vlc and Amarok,
namely that seeking is very slow and fadeout doesn't work at all.
Gapless audio also isn't working, but that wasn't working with
phonon-xine either.

Amarok 2.5.0 is released now and it doesn't seem to work with xine
anymore.  So I installed vlc, but I see that it's still broken with
seeking and fadeout.  Am I the only one affected by this?  I would have
guessed that after such a long time, this would have been fixed, so
maybe it's just me? :-/