IRC Channel Merge?

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Aug 24 17:59:07 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 16:40, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Trever Fischer
> <tdfischer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Aloha!
>>>
>>> Recently I started thinking about merging the IRC channel #phonon into
>>> #kde-multimedia. Reason for this are two things:
>>> a) #kde-multimedia is not used all that much
>>> b) a) comes to quite some degree from the Phonominals talking about
>>> kdemm stuff in #phonon (being lazy and not switching channel... ;))
>>>
>>> So, I'd like to get some opinions on what you think about merging
>>> #phonon into #kde-multimedia.
>> No complaints here.
>>>
>>> To me it seems like a close enough thing since Phonon is often
>>> involved when talking about kdemm stuff and vica versa (which makes
>>> sense since Phonon provides solutions to enable kdemm ^^).
>>> A disadvantage on the Phonon side of things would be a loss of
>>> identity + making it harder for people to find us.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>> +1. When might this happen?
>
> Kenny is still travelling AFAIK, so not until he is back home and can
> shuffle around the channels, that said, I am not even sure kde-cg has
> ownership status on #phonon, so Matthias might have to do that
> transition *shrug*.
>
> regards,
> H.

----- ---------------------- -----
1     Vir                    +votsriRfAF [modified ? ago]
2     sandsmark              +votsriRA [modified 1 year, 25 weeks, 6
days, 09:06:11 ago]
3     KDE_GC                 +vVoOtsriRfAF [modified 14 weeks, 2 days,
08:00:43 ago]
4     seaLne                 +votsriRfA [modified 14 weeks, 2 days,
07:59:16 ago]

looks like they got access a few months ago. so we'll be cool.

Ian