IRC Channel Merge?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Aug 22 15:22:55 BST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Harald Sitter at 21/08/11 13:30 did gyre and gimble:
> Aloha!
>
> Recently I started thinking about merging the IRC channel #phonon into
> #kde-multimedia. Reason for this are two things:
> a) #kde-multimedia is not used all that much
> b) a) comes to quite some degree from the Phonominals talking about
> kdemm stuff in #phonon (being lazy and not switching channel... ;))
>
> So, I'd like to get some opinions on what you think about merging
> #phonon into #kde-multimedia.
>
> To me it seems like a close enough thing since Phonon is often
> involved when talking about kdemm stuff and vica versa (which makes
> sense since Phonon provides solutions to enable kdemm ^^).
> A disadvantage on the Phonon side of things would be a loss of
> identity + making it harder for people to find us.
>
> What do you think?

I think it's a good idea.

I don't think the loss of identity for phonon itself is a problem. Much
like with PulseAudio, I think if the job is done right, the average user
should not even know the name - things should "just work".

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie