IRC Channel Merge?

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Sun Aug 21 13:30:11 BST 2011

Aloha!

Recently I started thinking about merging the IRC channel #phonon into
#kde-multimedia. Reason for this are two things:
a) #kde-multimedia is not used all that much
b) a) comes to quite some degree from the Phonominals talking about
kdemm stuff in #phonon (being lazy and not switching channel... ;))

So, I'd like to get some opinions on what you think about merging
#phonon into #kde-multimedia.

To me it seems like a close enough thing since Phonon is often
involved when talking about kdemm stuff and vica versa (which makes
sense since Phonon provides solutions to enable kdemm ^^).
A disadvantage on the Phonon side of things would be a loss of
identity + making it harder for people to find us.

What do you think?

regards,
Harald