GSoC Idea based on Kmid

c0smikdebris csmikdebris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:23:57 BST 2011

Hey
I'd like to propose a project base on kmid2 for GSoC 2011 (http://kmid2.sourceforge.net/). The core idea is to help guitar players use kmid by adding a guitar tabulature viewer along with a music score viewer. In both cases, kmid should be able to highlight the current playing position, synced to the music.
A lot of guitar tabulature is in the form of Guitar Pro/Power Tab files. I would like to implement support for reading these formats. I have also considered incorporating OCS in some way to allow sharing/collaboration on MIDI files. I'm sure a lot of musicians would benefit from these enhancements.
What do you think about this idea? Please mail me if you are interested in mentoring this project or if you have any suggestions.