New KMix version is checked in to trunk (including separation of playback and capture controls)

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 23:57:40 BST 2010

Hello,

the KMix work branch has now been re-integrated in the SVN trunk.

It adds a feature requested by many users, namely separation of playback and
capture controls. Moreover tabs with different controls can be opened and
closed on demand: http://christian.esken.de/kmix/screenshots.html.

The actual changes were behind the scenes (streamlining /refactoring/
bugfixing). Most notable "invisible" change: The XML Profile support (for
defining the views) added in KDE4.0 is now in mature state.

Thanks to Colin and the massive use of git I managed to keep the complete
change history. :-)

Greetings,
      Christian

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 16:07:37 Colin Guthrie wrote:

> As well as the way below, an alternative would be to bring all the
> changes made in trunk since your branch to the branch and rebase your
> work. It all amounts to the same thing, but "rebasing" is perhaps a
> clearer process to work with and thus I'll describe that here:

[... cutted some 100 lines of detailed descriptions ...]

> And finally:
>
> git svn dcommit.
>

> Phew!!!
>

> Hope that helps!

That was absoultely outstanding. Thank you so much, Col.