New KMix version about to be checked in - a complete replacement of the source tree

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 23:02:12 BST 2010

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 16:18:10 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 24/08/10 15:07 did gyre and gimble:
> > [colin at jimmy kmix (master)]$ git tag -m "The Start" beginning
> > [colin at jimmy kmix (master)]$ git svn rebase
> > [colin at jimmy kmix.trunk (master)]$ git checkout beginning
> > Note: checking out 'beginning'.
> >
> > You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
> > changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
> > state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
> >
> > If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
> >
> > do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
> >   git checkout -b new_branch_name
> >
> > HEAD is now at 4af0f54... Fix menu bar hide problem. BUGS: 191725
> > [colin at jimmy kmix.trunk ((beginning))]$ cd ../kmix/
>
> Incidentally, I forgot to mention above, but you can probably notice
> that my bash prompt actually contains details as to which git branch I'm
> currently in. It's is *incredibly* useful.

I added the __git_ps1 usage to my kde development account. I must agree, that
this is a real nice helper. If you do branching and patching you definitely
want to use that.

Lets see when http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Recipes
contains the first content, then it can be added (I'll try to keep an eye on
that).

   Christian