error

Денис Матвеев de-denis at mail.ru
Fri Nov 5 21:47:10 GMT 2010

Hello, I am developing a music player. I really liked the library Phonon - a simple, pleasant and comfortable.
But I am writing to you because it has encountered a problem.
I am developing on Qt + Phonon, so compile the same code under Linux or Windows. Under Linux (Gentoo) everything works just fine. And under Windows XP SP3 (recently installed) of the "good" mp3 files lost, and the other part - the "bad" mp3 files will not play and when you start a "bad" file in the signal stateChanged() passes the following data:

newState == Phonon::ErrorState
oldState == Phonon::LoadingState
errorString(): "Unable to find a combination of filters to render the stream. (0x80040218)"

How to distinguish "good" and "bad" files, I do not know - all the usual mp3-files. Because I am constantly alternating platform Linux / Windows, I noticed that after I changed to Linux coding tag songs on the UTF-8, these same mp3 ceased to play under Windows. Perhaps this is the reason, it means that the library is something not working properly.

The second problem is that under Windows Phonon can get a tag of less than 5% of all my songs (it was up to change the encoding). This fields only those tags like Artist, Song and description. However, the description always contains the same data as the artist.

The third problem is that when trying to get tags *.wma-files (except for approximately 1 in 10 *.wma-file), the signal metaDataChanged() does not and, accordingly, sent my application is waiting for the signal.

It is a pleasure to work with professionals. Ready to send any data to help solve these 3 problems. Yeah, almost all of my files are filled with tags. I would also like to know can to work properly is to install some software (just in case.) Thank you very much.