Phonon and QBuffer

Philipp Müller philipp.mueller at gmx.de
Wed Mar 24 06:09:16 GMT 2010

Hello Rafael,

QBuffer is not meant to be used this way.

You should define your own QIODevice, implement your own buffering (i.e.
ringbuffer) and then you can use it the way you describe.

Optionanl AbstractMediaStream:
AbstractMediaStream is normally the class you would like to use.
But last time I used it phonon-gstreamer I had issues that
phonon-gstreamer cannot be used asynchronusly (QT 4.4). So you cannot
use AbstractMediaStream together with gstreamer which is anyway not
supported by QT. But it would work with phonon-xine.

Regards,

Philipp