Sound Menu integration for KDE applications

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Mon Jul 12 15:04:09 BST 2010

Hi,

The upcoming version of Ubuntu, Maverick Meerkat, will feature a new
menu to control media players called the "Sound Menu". In case you don't
know what this is about, have a look at this page:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu

Right now there is only a Gnome implementation in the work, but I think
it is interesting for you to get involved because at one point, a KDE
version will be implemented. Even if I doubt it is going to happen
during Maverick cycle, it makes sense to have some KDE people involved
early.

This development is discussed on a dedicated mailing list on Launchpad,
which you can join there:

  https://launchpad.net/~indicator-sound-developers

There are already a few developers of other media applications (VLC,
Exaile, maybe others) subscribed. I already invited the Amarok
developers to join in.

Regards,
Aurélien

PS: Please CC'me, I am not subscribed to this mailing list.