PulseAudio + Phonon curious issue

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jan 23 14:20:02 GMT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 20/01/10 11:39 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Harald Fernengel at 11/01/10 15:38 did gyre and gimble:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the N900 currently uses an older PulseAudio version (0.9.15), which doesn't
>> feature the device-manager extension.
>>
>> I've created a small patch for Phonon (see attachment) that falls back on
>> creating the "fake" audio outputs.
>
> Incidentally, I'm happy to push this patch upstream where I can test for
> the device manager stuff via a check (look for header file, if it
> exists, it's available).
>
> Otherwise it's all rather clean and I see no harm in supporting it.

Rex Dieter from Fedora asked about this yesterday so assuming you
wouldn't mind, he added CMake stuff to check for the version of PA in
use and automatically disable the module-device-manager support.

You may need to tweak it slightly for your needs but it'll certainly be
a much small patch.

Hope that's all OK with you.

It's in phonon trunk now.

Col