Phonon breaking Git history

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 19:57:00 GMT 2010

Phonon is currently preparing to move its repositories from Gitorious
to Git.KDE.org. Unfortunately we noticed that our current main Phonon
repository suffers from some metadata problems.

Due to this unfortunate situation we will have to rewrite the affected
part of the Git history to comply with modern Git version's
strictness. This bares certain implications if you happen to have a
clone of this repository, since it will essentially break your clone's
references to the original repository.

Therefore we decided to give you a 2 weeks grace period, so you can
take preliminary measures.

*Some time after December 20, history will be rewritten.*

If you have changes for Phonon, please make sure to get them into the
repository before that date.

Please also pass this information on to any interested parties as to
prevent confusion.

regards,
Harald