New KMix version about to be checked in - a complete replacement of the source tree

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Sun Aug 22 23:40:40 BST 2010

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 21:06:04 Christian Esken wrote:
> Hello,

I have a "completely new" KMix version to check in. "Completely new" is referring to two facts:
- A lot of cleanup
-The sourcefiles are distributed in completely new directories, namely:
  apps/
  core/
  gui/
  backend/

> [1] The work branch is /branches/work/kmix/. If you have changes for KMix,
> especially bugfixes, please let me know, so that I can integrate that in
> the work branch.

I didn't receive any changes, thus i will "replace" the trunk source tree by my work branch without having to act with caution.
I will have enogh trouble with SVN tree conflicts, I fear.  Any good advice on handling SVN tree conflicts are highly appreciated.
Anyone?

I'd like to add to this that I added a link on http://community.kde.org/KDE_e.V./Sprints/Multimedia-2010-05 some weeks ago:
http://christian.esken.de/kmix/#MultimediaSprintRanda

> - Support user defined layouts (aka GUI Profiles). While this is
>   theoretically possible since KDE4.0, it has now reached mature status.
>   See http://christian.esken.de/kde/screenshots.html for a "KDE3-style"
>   Playback/Capture layout (and don't be confused about the icon set).

The user defined layouts are now in mature state.
Most users will simply use it to show playback and capture on two different tabs, or for reordering the controls.

But you can do a lot more with it, namely you can exactly define which aspects of which controls you want to show (playback volume, capture volume,
playback switch, capture switch, enum).  So for example the playback view is defined very trivial (XML fragment):

<control id="^.*$" subcontrols="pvolume,pswitch,enum" show="simple" mandatory="true"/>

 Greetings,
      Christian