Who uses KCompactDisc?

Richard Lärkäng larkang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 20:31:34 BST 2010

Hi!

When it was created, it was used by KsCD for playing, and by KAudioCreator and
the audiocd kioslave for reading information about the CD. But I think since
the "remake" of KsCD some time ago it doesn't use KCompactDisc anymore, but
Solid and Phonon directly instead, and since some time ago I don't think it's
used by KAudioCreator anymore either.
So AFAIK, it's only used by the audiocd kioslave, and in particular, I don't
think it's used for playing CDs anywhere (though it might be used by some
other program outside of kdemultimedia that I don't know of).

/Richard