Phonon Gstreamer backend in QGraphicsView

Christophe Olinger olingerc at binarylooks.com
Wed Apr 21 10:06:23 BST 2010

Hallo,

Currently the plasma media center project also relies on GStreamer to
play video in a QGraphicsWidget.

I also have the blue faces syndrome. While I initially thought it was
an nvidia problem I also have the same on my intel based netbook so
this is how I found this thread.

Is there any evolution in this or a workaround?

Best regards,

Christophe
aka binarylooks

On Tuesday 2. March 2010 11.13.12 Andras Mantia wrote:
>  I try to use Phonon in QGraphicsView and it seems only the GStreamer
> backend can be used for this purpose (on Linux), with Xine all I get is
> a black frame.

Qt doesn't support XCB yet, which we need for thread safety in video widgets
in Phonon (Phonon-GStreamer throws thread-safety out the window, apparently).

> Obviously I doubt that this should be always done, and there is similar
> code in glrenderer.cpp (which interestingly is not used even if I use a
> QGLWidget for graphicsview). Does anyone have an idea/hint how to detect
> when should the image be swapped?

Not really, sorry.

--
Martin T. Sandsmark