filtering playable files in a collection

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Thu Sep 3 05:38:45 BST 2009

    I'm toying with phonon for a test media player. one of the things this
media player is to scan a directory for playable files. now, I know I can ask
the phonon backen for the mimetypes playable with it, but how do I filter the
files found? f.i., how do I get the mimetype of a file? one simple solution
would be to filter by extension, but then I would have to maintain the list of
valid extensions and I don't like the solution anyways. so, any ideas? how do
other players do it?

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
The Weak Lusethropic Principle states: "As more idiot-proof software becomes