failing kdetv because of failing plugin-configuration

Julien Michielsen julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 21 16:25:01 BST 2009

I hope kdetv really is a kde-application. It was included with opensuse-11.1,
and that increases the likelyhood.
When I start up kdetv the program starts, but the "screen" remains black, and
I get a message saying in Dutch that "videodisplay cannot be
transferred". "With present pluginconfiguration videodisplay is not possible.
Try to adjust the configuration of the Video4Linux2-plugin".  However, I do
not have a package called Video4Linux2-plugin, and wonder what changes to my
configuration I can make. A plugin-package coming near might be the
gstreamer -0_10-plugins-base I have installed. Also from this packafe I do
not know how to configure it.
I hope someone of this list understands this configuration problem. Thank you
for your attention.
--
Julien Michielsen
julien_at_michkloo.xs4all.nl