[ANN] KMid2 preview release
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:16:20 GMT 2009
KMid2 is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4.
KMid was developed more than ten years ago, so it was time for a revamping.
KMid2 is a rewrite from scratch, with a new architecture and also some new
This is a preview release. Should not be used in production.
Here are some major features:
* Plays MIDI and Karaoke files.
* Playback to external hardware MIDI devices.
* Allows to use software synths as well.
* Tempo and volume controls.
* Pitch (transpose) control.
* Rhythm view (visual metronome).
* Configurable character encoding, font and color for lyrics.
* Playlists (song collections).
* MIDI Mapper.
* Channels window, with solo/muting controls and instrument selectors.
* Piano player window, using VMPK artwork and technology.
* Runs in Linux, using the ALSA Sequencer.
Copyright (C) 2009, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
KMid2 is free software distributed under the terms of the GPL v2 license.
* Source packages
* OpenSuse RPM packages
More information about the kde-multimedia