"phonon backend plugin could not be loaded"

Akshey Jawa aksheyjawa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 08:11:44 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am not sure if am right to post my query here.

I think I have all the required packages installed in my system but I still
get a run-time warning while running phonon music player Qt example(
http://pepper.troll.no/s60prereleases/doc/phonon-musicplayer.html) and so
the play, pause and stop buttons are shown as disabled in the application.
The warning is-

*WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin
could not be loaded*

The following packages are already installed, in my ubuntu system, through
the package manager-

libgstreamer0.10-0

libgstreamer0.10-dev

libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0

libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev

and phonon, libphonon-dev, libqt4-phonon, libqt4-phonon-dev, libphonon4, and
phonon-backend-gstreamer are also installed

Please note that I am using ubuntu 9.10

Any help is appreciated.

PS: Plz do CC your reply to me, I am not subscribed to the mailing list.

Thanks,

Akshey