[JuK] technical

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:56:36 BST 2009

Well, I'm sure you have heared of Michaels real life (planet -> his blog). I
thought about writing very well, and decided that I should write here, even
when I don't like it.
It's a fact, that Michael will be absent some time. I wondered (as cold as
you may think I am) who will take care of his tasks in meanwhile, until he
got his life back on tracks.

The reason for this:
Life for KDE goes on. I'm really sorry for Michael, and I'm with him with my
heart, soul and mind, but still, JuK shouldn't completely freeze.

So, I'll just continue talking, even when it's probably too early for that:
1.) directorylist.ui
I've submitted a patch to Michael some time ago (3-4 month, was very likely
my first patch). This patch can handle removing multiple directories at once
of the directorylist, and ported it to Qt4. Just that I've selected
"selectionMode::MultiSelection" which should be changed to
"selectionMode::ExtendedSelection".

2.) http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/898/
This can probably wait, but why not? If anyone takes care, I'd love to get
feedback on this. It's just yet another k3 removal patch.

I've also been working on the trackpicker recently (which is the last k3
thing to remove in JuK after the covermanager), but that's still a long way
to go. Also due to the "problem"  that I'm currently working on some
different project for my personal enjoyment (the long way to go), which is
not KDE related, I just have even less time than I usually got, but it's at
least Qt related).

Can anyone at least take care of (1)? I'd really appreciate it, and it's
really about changing a line.

Kind regards,
Georg

PS: I think that the directorylist (add/remove folders) could be buggy, it
for some reason didn't save the directories until the track scanning was
finished for me today. Probably this is as expected due to the backend which
is currently used, maybe it's really a problem.