LIBKCDDB: CDDB/FreeDB submit

Richard Lärkäng larkang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:38:19 BST 2009

Hi!

On Monday 10 August 2009 09:00:50 Marco Nelles wrote:
> Hej,
>

> It is somewhat frustrating for me, because some users asked for cddb
> submitting capabilities - and I have to explain that it's an issue with
> libkcddb.

Sure, I can understand that.

> > However, after I ported it, I haven't been
> > able to be active in maintaining libkcddb, so noone got around to
> > enabling
>
> As far as I understand, noone is working on this?
> I don't want to use another lib for that. So, I think it is okay, if I
> start testing on libkcddb and send patches to the list?

Yes, AFAIK, no one is working on libkcddb right now, and from what I can see,
none of the applications using libkcddb in KDE's svn support submitting to
cddb at the moment. However, at least the basic functionality seems to be
working, running the test apps asynchttpsubmittest/synchttpsubmittest seems to
indicate that it's working as it should. So if you could do a little testing,
we can probably enable it again.

/Richard