audiocd slave doesn't build against cdparanoia

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 07:40:44 BST 2008

On 25.09.08 08:25:58, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >I've got a slight problem here building kdemultimedia with cdparanoia
> >support. the cdda_interfaces.h header contains this line
> >
> >  cdda_private_data_t *private;
> >
> >which of course is not valid C++. The #include for the header is inside
> >an extern "C" block, however building kdemultimedia my gcc still barfs
> >on that line. Anybody has an idea how to fix this? Please CC me on
> >replies as I'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> Submit a bug report to cdparanoia. It should be fixed in the master
> header.

Why should that be changed. Its a C library and its perfectly valid C I
think, gcc accepts that without any problems. So from the POV of
cdparanoia there's no bug.

Besides, there's no bugtracker for that library.

> As a workaround:
>
> extern "C" {
> #define private _private
> #include <cdda_interfaces.h>
> #undef private
> }

Anyone has a problem putting that into kdemultimedia?

Andreas

--
Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.