Hi list and some questions about DragonPlayer

Javi Romero javi.azuaga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:48:54 BST 2008

Hi all, I'm new to the mailing list and to KDE hacking, my name's Javi and
I'm spanish. I currently study at Granada.

The reason why i'm writing is because when I use KDE applications I use to
hide the menu bar, and status bar and stay with just the toolbar and a
Show/Hide Menu button. I've been looking at the code of DragonPlayer, as
well as Amarok as both doesn't allow this at the moment but found that it's
pretty easy to hide it and show it again (going fullscreen does this
exactly). So, when I think about how to implement it, I realize this
situation:

If menubar is visible -> goes fullscreen and hiddes -> goes back to normal
and shows it
If menubar is hidden -> goes fullscreen and does nothing, as it's already
hidden -> goes back to normal and shows it
(Btw, can this be a bug? as the interface allows to hide the status bar but
it's allways visible once you exit fullscreen).

Looking qwidget properties I see that there is a bolean visible property,
so, how do you advise me to do this. I don't want to start using local
variables on the code, but it's the only thing that I can think of right
now. Any help will be welcome, comments or links to manuals/documentation.

Sorry if there are mistakes as my english is not perfect ;-).

Saludos, Javi.