KDE Platform Plugin : explanations

Jean-Jacques FINAZZI mrjay01 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 24 10:52:25 GMT 2008

Hello,

Please, could someone explain to me what the « KDE Platform Plugin » is
in Phonon (or point me out the page or documentation chapter where it's
explained) ?

I need to understand what it is, in order to be able to translate this
expression in KDE (I'm a member of the french internationalization
team), in the phonon-xine.po PO file.

I've looked at this mailing list archive and on the
http://phonon.kde.org website (and of course on the Web), but I didn't
understand what the « Platform Plugin » is or haven't found explanations
about it. I tried to ask the question on the #phonon IRC channel too
(and on my internationalization mailing list), but I unfortunately got
no (good) answer yet.

Thanks in advance for your kind answers :)

Cheers ;)