phonon problem

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 01:11:40 GMT 2008

you can read this page:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/MS_Visual_Studio#Visual_Studio_2005_Express_Edition

Here is the platform SDK:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0baf2b35-c656-4969-ace8-e4c0c0716adb&displaylang=en

You also need to get DirectX SDK since phonon_ds9 relies on it.
PATH, INCLUDE_PATH must be properly configured and point to DirectX
SDK + Platform SDK + Visual Studio files.

Run ./configure from Qt with -v argument (verbose) so you can check if
phonon will be compiled for sure.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:19 PM, K. Nimer <stormway at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > where can i find the windows xp platform sdk
>  > i need a link please
>  >
>  > and what i should do after i download an install the program?
>  >
>  > do i just go a head and use phonon?
>  >
>  > note:
>  >
>  >  i use it with QT which is integrated in visual studio 2005
>  >  so i use it within visual studio 2005
>  >
>  >
>  > the example provided by QT keeps on giving me an error whcih says
>  >
>  > this error is produced while the program is running
>  >
>  > in the debug window
>  > COULD NOT LOAD PHONON BACKEND
>
>  We already explained that setting up Qt is offtopic to kde-multimedia.
>  You might try qtcentre.org etc as you were told before. They would
>  know more anyways.
>
>  Ian

Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24