backend hacks was: Re: Choosing a Phonon backend

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Mar 27 17:39:24 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>  btw, I checked Dragon Player source code quickly and you use sometimes
>  directly xine.h, why is that?

This is how phonon-xine solves the "How can I simply extend Phonon
API?" question that you asked earlier. Phonon-xine makes available a
void* to one of its important libxine datastructures using Qt's
property system. So I was able to use audio and subtitle channels
selection before it was part of the phonon api by calling the relevant
libxine functions on it.

I currently only use it for opening DVD menu, which is why I want to
add menu selection to the phonon api as well.

Ian