Phonon include headers mismatch

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jun 30 00:08:26 BST 2008

Let's decide on one thing only and stick to it:

Phonon 4.0 (KDE 4.0) headers are in Phonon/*
Phonon 4.1 (Qt 4.4) headers are in phonon/*

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/phonon.html says #include <Phonon>, but
there's no such file in Qt sources. It does in KDE sources.

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/phonon-module.html says #include <phonon>.
That exists in Qt sources, but not in KDE's.

The Qt examples use #include <phonon/lowercaseheader.h> (see
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/phonon-musicplayer-mainwindow-h.html)

Qt sources don't have per class forwarding headers, but the kdesupport
sources (trunk, to-be-4.3) do.

So I'm tempted to say we screwed up with Qt 4.4.0 and should rectify it
immediately.

We capitalise the P in the include dir, change the examples. For
compatibility, we can provide a symlink for case-sensitive filesystems.
And we add the per-class forwarding headers.

Do we have an agreement?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358