Phonon 4.2 and integration for Qt 4.5

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Jun 14 19:46:59 BST 2008

Ian Monroe wrote:
>I would agree in general, about 4.x and 4.y. But there's only a
>handful of third party backends at this point, if even that. Phonon is
>really just getting started. I think it's fine at this point.

So we're pretty much saying Phonon isn't maintaining compatibility for the
backends? (source or binary, it doesn't matter)

When will we say that?

If this was intended, the headers should be _p.h and not installed. The
backends can only be compiled if they are in the same tree as Phonon.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358