How play part of a sound file?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Oct 5 14:26:05 BST 2007

On Friday 05 October 2007, Erik wrote:
> I was hoping for a cleaner solution. If it is not possible to specify
> the time interval when playing the sound, maybe there is a way to
> specify it when loading it? (In your example, in your example, something
> like "setCurrentSource(path, time_interval)").

Why would you expect such a setting when loading?

If this were to be added to the Phonon API then something like:
MediaObject::playAt(qint64 offsetFromStart)
MediaObject::pauseAt(qint64 offsetFromStart)
MediaObject::stopAt(qint64 offsetFromStart)

But we're in full freeze for 4.0 so you'll have to wait for this to appear in
the API. I'll put it in the list of ideas and we'll see whether we can add
this after 4.0.

Out of interest, and to motivate us to add this: What do you need this for?

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de