Phonon: adding a context menu in full screen

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Mar 6 17:49:26 GMT 2007

Is it possible in the current API to do things like have a context
menu when in full screen mode? Set keybindings etc.

I don't believe it is, since a new FullScreenVideoWidget is created
and the backend's video widget is directly childed into that. In other
words, it appears that VideoWidget itself is no longer part of the
(widget) equation in full screen mode. So the phonon-user has no
access to any visible widgets.

I tried just a quick hack of having VideoWidget be childed under
FullScreenVideoWidget instead of the backend's video widget, but that
caused an odd segfault.

Any ideas? I have the time to implement a solution this week.

Ian Monroe