Cannot seek ogg flac files

Yogesh M yogeshm02 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 05:42:39 GMT 2007

On 06/01/07, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> Don't use ogg flac. They are larger and more poorly supported than pure flac.
OK. I'm now using Native FLAC and seek is working. (Using FLAC 1.1.3
I'm getting 1-2% more compression).

> Also ogg flac comes in two versions: the pre-1.0 and the 1.0. The old ones
> didn't support seeking, but I persuaded them a little in aKode. Some
> applications might still refuse to seek ogg flac, because they are so rare,
> that the code haven't been updated.
OggFLAC files that I had were handled perfectly (i.e. previously, as
said in my earlier mail).

On 05/01/07, Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org> wrote:
> I guess you need to install the akode arts plugin. It comes in a
> package "libarts1-akode" on my debian box and likely has a similar name on
> SuSE.
No such package exists on my box. If I extract only that part from KDE
source, will I be able to compile it?

BTW while looking for solution (and to get more compression) I
upgraded to FLAC 1.1.3 and now akode is not compiling. (I need to
recompile to get MP3 support)

Though I can now play MP3, FLAC and Ogg/Vorbis (all using xine, Sound
with MP3 is having distortion), I have more faith in akode.

--
Yogesh M
Chandigarh, India