Next Linux Flash player with platform adapter

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:44:06 BST 2006

2006/10/25, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> Hi,
>
> just had a look at this blog and the plugin adapter code reference from there:
> http://www.kaourantin.net/2006/10/extending-reach-of-flash-player-on.html
>
> Might be interesting for nspluginviewer / KHTML / KDE integration, for example
> providing a Phonon implementation for the sound functions.

I don't think nspluginviewer can use much of this, unless the API also
has embedding extensions (which I didn't find).

> It's a pity they announce this so late, at an earlier stage of their
> development could have allowed to give input on the adaptor API :(

>From KMPlayer's standpoint, it's rather sad that video on the web is
taken over by Adobe web media players.
Also v4l, are they planing for flash based chat or so?

Is this legal if KDE/Qt libs are used? My first impression is that
only code can be used that allows proprietary code to load the lib.
Only this looks a bit like a back door (ie. build
a lib in GPL with an API that happens to be used by a closed source
application, and because the proprietary site was the one defining the
API, they can't be blamed for that)

Koos