Noatun/make-it-snow

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Mon Jan 2 09:28:04 GMT 2006

Yogesh M wrote, on Sunday 2006 January 01 2:40 am:
> Hi
Hi Yogesh,

> For Noatun/make-it-snow developers.
>
> I'm thinking about contributing to the project. May i? Can i have a
> complete list of TODO? Also, will you please commit all the changes so
> that i have a working copy.

Current make-it-snow does work, but the new libnoatunarts is not compatible
with the old one, so after installing, artsd will need to be killed.  You
could also maybe figure out how to use one of the other engine plugins (hint:
it requires editing $KDEHOME/share/config/noatunrc).

I *think* other than that, it just works, but I could be wrong, it may require
further tweaking to noatunrc just to not get it to crash on startup.

> Any guidance is welcome

We don't have a formal TODO list written up, but this is a vague idea of what
is planned:

1) changes to the playlist API
2) a new playlist to replace Splitplaylist (ahem)
3) lots of stuff needs to be ported to the new plugin-based engine system (for
example, it doesn't do pitch-shifting yet, and I think streaming is still
broken, but I haven't tested it
4) port to KDE4 (but we don't really want to do this yet because KDE4 is still
changing a lot)
5) ???

There's more things I missed, but this is a good idea of what we have planned.

As far as I know, all invasive changes have been committed by Stefan and
myself.

good day and welcome!

cs