multimedia meeting agenda

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Apr 25 17:11:00 BST 2006

On 4/24/06, Scott Wheeler <wheeler at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi folks --
>
> As many of you have heard, we've got a multimedia meeting coming up that's
> been organized by the fine people of KDE NL.  For logistic reasons they've
> invited a limited number of people, but we do still need to work out a
> tentative schedule for the meeting and since it's not exactly top secret, I
> thought this list would be a fine place for such.
>
> Thus far there's not been much discussion of structure or content of the
> meeting.  (And I've not been involved at all thusfar, but I volunteered to
> start this discussion.)
>
> In my experience having a little bit of structure, at least at the start of
> the meeting, is usually good.  i.e. actually having scheduled presentations
> and so on rather than just kind of hanging out for the weekend.

My purpose in going to the weekend is to put some IRC nicks to faces,
learn about KDE 4.0, and getting started on a feature list and
system/object design for amaroK 2.0. I don't see myself doing much
actual hacking, except perhaps to just figure some of this stuff out.

To those ends... as far as formal presentations are concerned, I would
find helpful some educational oriented presentations about the new
technology around the corner (like if Muesli or Scott wanted to do
something on Qt4 model/view list stuff and other Qt4 tech), learn
about Phonon etc.

Some formal discussions, to complement the informal over-beer-at-1am
discussions, could also be useful. I hope to see lots of scribbles on
whiteboard. :)

Ian Monroe