Broken test for Ogg and Vorbis in kdemultimedia configure

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu Mar 24 19:21:15 GMT 2005

Hi!
  I really don't know how to solve the following problem building 3.4.0 kdemm:
  Running configure, the following is shown:
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h usability... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h presence... yes
checking for vorbis/vorbisfile.h... yes
checking for ov_open in -lvorbisfile... yes
checking for vorbis_info_init in -lvorbis... yes
checking for ogg_page_version in -logg... yes
checking for vorbis headers... yes
checking for ov_test_callbacks in -lvorbisfile... yes
checking for Ogg Vorbis libraries and headers... searched but not found
  Isn't it a joke ? First it correctly finds all the necessary things and then
it tells that "searched but not found" and refuses to compile the ogg audiocd
module and kaudiocreator.
  My Ogg Vorbis files are, as well as all of the audio/multimedia things, stored
in /opt/sound. My configure options are

./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3.4 --enable-final --enable-gtk --enable-xaw=no --with-extra-includes=/opt/sound/include --with-extra-libs=/opt/sound/lib --with-lame=/opt/sound --with-vorbis=/opt/sound --with-cdparanoia=/opt/sound

  You can see that I made my best to correctly tell the configure about
/opt/sound, once by --with-vorbis and even with --with-extra-includes and
--with-extra-libs. It's still not enough and I really don't know what can I do
more.
  config.log doesn't show any failed tests in this place, it simply writes "not
found" and continues.
                             With regards, Pavel Troller